Oak chopping board - Solid chopping board made of end-grain from German oak, a useful function to have in the outdoor kitchen with an attractive design and high quality. An exclusive and robust oak chopping board with the dimensions 80 x 40 cm, practical to use when you need to chop and slice meat or vegetables both before and during cooking in the kitchen. The tray has many practical application areas and is suitable as a presentation dish, chopping board or serving tray.
The chopping board has a uniform and durable quality of solid oak, allowing it to withstand tough handling while being gentle on your kitchen knives, the underside is fitted with rubber pads that allow it to stand firmly on the top.
To get the maximum life from your chopping board we recommend you follow the care instructions. The wooden chopping board should not be clean in a dishwasher, clean gently by washing with warm water and a little detergent, then allow to air dry. The chopping board comes basic oiled (organic rapeseed oil), it is recommended to oil it once a week for the first months so it becomes saturated. Then once a month. Use food approved oil, ideally sand after oiling with a fine sandpaper as the grain rises slightly.
• Solid oak chopping board
• Dimensions (mm): Width: 800 x Depth: 400 x Height: 50
• Material: end-grain of German oak
• Swedish made
• Threaded with 340 mm 6 mm wood screws and plugged with walnut
• Solid surface and can be used as a chopping board, presentation or serving dish
• The underside is fitted with rubber pads that allow it to stand firmly on the top
• The chopping board comes basic oiled (organic rapeseed oil), should be oiled once a week for the first months so it becomes saturated.
• Use food approved oil, ideally sand after oiling with a fine sandpaper as the grain rises slightly.
• Dimensions can vary +/- 10 mm, colour variations may vary
• Weight: 12.4 kg
• Storage: After cleaning, the board should be stored in a dry place (indoor is recommended). Avoid exposing it to humid enviroments, as it can have an effect on the structure of the wood, which means that cracks and gaps can occur.
A free-standing outdoor kitchen is for those of you who want to buy an off-the-shelf, flexible modular solution. We have both complete outdoor kitchen packages ready for immediate use, or you can choose individual items from our freestanding modules and mix and match and put together functions according to your own wishes. DIY - If you would rather build your own outdoor kitchen in the garden, you should be looking at our built-in outdoor kitchens. You design the layout of your outdoor kitchen yourself and choose the material and accessories to suit your own taste and style. In our buying guide and under building an outdoor kitchen we have gathered all the important information you should keep in mind when planning a kitchen outdoors.
Which material you choose is up to you, but it is important that the products you place in your outdoor kitchen are made of durable materials. For this reason, most of our products are engineered from 304 grade SS steel. 304 grade SS steel is approved for contact with food and is the best material for outdoor kitchens. It is resistant to corrosion in fresh water and can withstand temperatures of up to 925 degrees. Since it is not magnetic, it does not attract dirt and particles and is therefore easy to keep clean. This makes it ideal for use in kitchens and settings where demands on hygiene are high. You can read more about different steel types in our steel guide.
Where you want to place your outdoor kitchen is entirely up to you but it may be a good idea to place the outdoor kitchen in connection, or close to the house. Placing the outdoor kitchen near the house makes it easier to get access to both electricity and water. You can find more information on what you should think about before building an outdoor kitchen and where the best place is to build it under our guide Building an outdoor kitchen.
Our customer service team is on hand to answer your questions Monday through Friday. Via phone, email or live chat - we are always happy to help. Contact us!